Monday, June 13, 2011

Playdate cafe challenge PDCC85

This weekend was a long weekend here in Australia, we celebrated the queens birthday. Cheers to the Queen ( and thanks for the extra day off )
I hope the long weekend gave some of you a chance to do some paper crafting.

I got a chance to do just a wee bit ...this is the second colour challenge card i completed on the weekend....its just taken a little while for me to get around to posting , but as they say better late than never.

This one is from the play date cafe and is challenge PDCC85. Pop over there and check out the wonderfulness that is going on , they have such a talented bunch of girls there, it will knock your socks off!

This is the colour challenge they have has us working on this week

The colours are just wonderful with so many possibilities.
This is what I cam up with.......

I put lots of work into making the background paper , I started with plain ivory cardstock , using distress ink and a blending tool i moved ink all over  a piece of plastic sheet, when i had it smooth i took the fleur stamp sprayed with mini mister and stamped onto plastic removing some of the ink in those areas. I then sprayed the whole plastic sheet and laid the cardstock in it. This gave it a really nice aged distressed look that i was chuffed with. ( round of applause for me :) I blended the edges with the blue and pink and repeatedly stamped the fleur image all over.
Stamped a journaling block with the lines masked and then the thinking of you in a combo of both the pink and blue. Embellish with ribbon and pearls and here is my take on this weeks challenge.
Hope you get a chance to play along there is still plenty of time
Nat

Supplies ( as allways all products are from the kaszazz line)
Paper Ivory cardstock Bazill Romance
Ink Distress Ink Faded Jeans and Barn door, Colourbox Dusty plum
Stamps 4197KK Fleur  , 4192KL Note Journal, 4478M express yourself set thinking of you.
Ribbon 1/4 satin sherbet
Pearls


2 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oooh, I love that handmade patterned paper! I also enjoy making my own. It is so satisfying. :) I like the label and sentiment you used, too. Very elegant. THanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe this week!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your work paid off for that background because it looks beautiful! Love how you tucked that frame under that scrumptious ribbon strip. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.